What to Expect When Resolving Your Tax Debt
Many of our clients who retain our tax help services are interested in knowing how their life will change and when they can expect these changes to happen. Upon retaining our firm to resolve your tax debt, some of the relief will be instant and some will be over time. It is important to keep in mind that IRS problems don't start overnight and can take some time to resolve. The good news is that you don't have to worry anymore and your IRS problem will be resolved.
ROAD MAP TO RESOLUTION
Free Consultation: If you have never been a client of ours, the first step is to call or come in for your free consultation. At this meeting, an experienced Tax Consultant will evaluate your situation and discuss the available options for resolving the matter. This generally takes about an hour; however, there are times where the information provided at this meeting is not sufficient to determine a course of action.
1. Retaining Tax Resolution Services: At the end of your free consultation, you will be given the opportunity to retain us as your tax representative. You will be required to sign a Retainer Agreement letter and make financial arrangements in order to pay for our tax help services. We will file a Power of Attorney (POA) with the IRS. This will provide you with immediate relief because from this point on the IRS will be required to contact us instead of you. If they should happen to contact you, all you need to do is politely request that they contact TRS directly and provide them with our phone number. A separate POA may be required for any State problem.
2. Beginning the Tax Resolution Process: You will be assigned a case manager who is in charge of your case. All of our case managers are extremely qualified and are a Tax Attorney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an Enrolled Agent (EA). Together we'will develop a strategy for resolving your case and advise you on what steps to take for the most effective resolution. Your case manager is available to you by direct dial phone, individual e-mail, or in person. At TRS we employ the team approach to resolving your tax debt. Our case managers are supported by a staff of experienced technical specialists, who from time to time, may have contact with you as well regarding your case.
3. IRS Compliance: Generally before any tax resolution can be negotiated, you must become a compliant taxpayer. Your case manager is experienced in what must be done to achieve this and will advise you accordingly. For the most part you must file delinquent tax returns and demonstrate that you are keeping up with your current tax payments. For those of you that have incomplete records, TRS has developed methods for completing the preparation of tax returns in order to get them filed.
4. Tax Settlement Negotiation: We will propose a plan of resolution to the IRS that you can live with and see through to acceptance. We have a high tax relief success rate and pride ourselves in obtaining the best settlement for you under the law. However, it is rare that a proposal is accepted right away. Through diligence, persistence and follow-up our knowledgeable staff will monitor, provide additional information to the IRS as needed, and negotiate your proposed resolution until acceptance is gained.
5. Tax Resolution is Reached: We will review the final resolution of your case by the IRS to make sure it is as agreed upon. If not, we will insist that it be changed to reflect what was agreed to. If the IRS is unwilling to do this, we will advise you as to what your options are for the next step. Finally you will be advised on what you must do in order to succeed with your resolution and avoid future tax problems.
Get Tax Help Now, Call 866-IRS-PROBLEMS for a Free Tax Relief Consultation!
Why hire a Tax Attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist?
While taxpayers may always represent themselves before the IRS to resolve back taxes and IRS problems, many taxpayers find dealing with the IRS frustrating, time-consuming, intimidating or all of the above and so they make the decision to hire professional tax help (specialized tax attorney, tax resolution firm, etc.) to negotiate a tax relief settlement with the IRS on their behalf.
*Estimates based on prior results; individual results will vary based on circumstances, including your ability to provide Tax Resolution Services, Co., with information that is accurate and timely. Resolution/settlement percentages exclude our fees. We do not guarantee that your tax liability will be lowered by a specific amount or percentage or that your tax liability will be paid off within a specific period of time. We do not assume any tax liability, make monthly payments to the IRS/State on your behalf or provide tax planning, bankruptcy, accounting or legal advice. Read and understand all service offerings prior to retaining TRS, including potential adverse impact on credit rating. Tax Resolution Services, Co. will offer possible solutions to a prospective client following the information gathered during the initial consultation. While solutions will be offered to client, there is no guarantee of results implied or otherwise.