Understand Your Tax Problems: Key Questions to Ask Yourself Before Seeking Help From a Tax Attorney, CPA, or Tax Resolution Specialist
When you’re battling with the IRS, you need to make sure that you have chosen a qualified tax attorney who specializes in your type ofÂ tax problem to represent you. There are many types of IRS issues out there–a corporation’s tax problem will differ substantially from a personal one. Therefore, it is the most prudent to first understand your personal tax situation before seeking a the appropriate tax attorney’s help.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself in order to fully understand the type of tax representation you will need:
* Are you looking at personal income tax issues (you are an innocent spouse or a victim of tax fraud), business tax problems (such as unpaid payroll taxes, sales taxes), estate taxes, foundation or charity tax issues?
* Are you dealing with just federal or state taxes too?
* Do you have tax problems in multiple states or jurisdictions?
* Does the IRS know about the issue yet or have you just discovered it?
* Did the IRS contact you but you’ve buried your head in the sand hoping it would go away?
* Are your records a shambles?
* Can you attempt a true reckoning of what happened?
* Has the IRS come to your home or place of business?
* Has the IRS demanded an in-person audit?
* Has the IRS garnished your wages, put in tax liens or seized any property?
To find the best qualified tax lawyer for you, it is crucial to determine the type of tax problem you are facing before you do anything else. Once you determine the type of IRS problem you have, you will have a much better way of filtering out the tax attorneys whose specialties do not match your needs.
It is extremely valuable to invest in the expertise of a good tax attorney. Tax attorneys who specializes only in tax resolution will be familiar with the latest tax news and laws so that they can better fight your case for you. Oftentimes, you will see some tax resolution firms that will have a team of expert tax professionals including tax attorneys, certified tax resolution specialists and CPAs to help you get the best possible outcome for your tax settlement.
Read more questions to ask when choosing your tax attorney.
Read more helpful articles:
Tax Resolution Services is the only national tax resolution firm certified by the ASTPS to negotiate tax settlements with the IRS. We are a nationwide professional tax solution company with a team of tax attorneys and IRS specialists who can help you find tax relief.Â Free tax consultation – sign up on our website or call us at 866-IRS-PROBLEMS (866-477-7762).
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- IRS Tax Help: How to Pick the Most Qualified Tax Resolution Representative to Fight your IRS Battle
- Prevent IRS Payroll Tax Problems: Tax Help for Business Owners Who Want to Avoid IRS Trouble
- Hiring the Right Tax Attorney, CPA, or Tax Resolution Specialist to Ensure You Get the Tax Help You Need
- Retire Your IRS Back Taxes Forever: How Tax Resolution Services Helped Save a Taxpayer $130,000
- Tax Help News: 13% of Americans Find Tax Evasion Acceptable as IRS Audits Increase
Tags: delinquent taxes, IRS debt, IRS help, IRS problem solver, irs problems, IRS resolution, Michael Rozbruch, tax advice, tax attorney, tax lawyer, tax problems, tax resolution, tax resolution expert, tax resolution services