Since starting Tax Resolution Services (TRS) in 1997, I have seen my share of tax resolution firms come and go with some firm closures so large their demise made news headlines. As an industry pioneer and national tax resolution expert, I discovered a few secrets to staying in the game were to provide excellent customer service and hire and train great people.
The latest TaxMan video gives viewers a chance to meet the Client Care Team, Debbie, Tim and Stephanie. These Team Members have an important role at TRS: to make sure clients are well cared for, that the tax issues facing those clients’ get resolved and that the people helping the clients (TRS employees) are happy. Below the video are the Client Care Team duties and objectives:
Client Services Manager, Debbie eases new client nerves by welcoming them to TRS within 24 hours and lets them know their case has been turned over to a team of tax professionals including CPA’s, tax attorneys and Enrolled Agents. She also lets them know they have an active role in the tax relief process. Here are some topics Debbie covers:
- She reminds them that TRS has power of attorney and to please allow them to speak to tax authorities on their behalf. Clients can damage their own case if they speak to the IRS directly.
- She advises them that case times can vary, and to make sure forms of open communication such as phone calls from TRS responded to quickly so no time is wasted and deadlines missed.
Lead Attorney, Tim is assigned tax resolution cases for clients who typically owe $50 thousand or more in taxes. Since their returns are already prepared and the balance due is known, Tim’s team can focus on the following:
- Analyzing the client’s financial information such as income and expenses and strategize with the client by making sure for example, they add to their expenses (if applicable) to lower the amount owed to the IRS.
- Determine the best payment program for the client such as the Offer in Compromise program. Good News: Because of relaxed requirements, more clients able to participate in this IRS tax relief program than ever before.
- Negotiation with the IRS on behalf of the client.
Human Resources Manager, Stephanie plays an integral role in making sure the people who work for TRS are the best at what they do and are happy. Her belief is that TRS is successful because it:
- Is an industry leader.
- Recruits the best employees.
- Provides competitive salaries, benefits
- Makes sure employees are properly trained with both extensive in-house training for licensed and non-licensed employees.
- Enlists outside licensed professionals trained in the industry to provide further education to all employees.
- Makes employees feel welcome as part of a whole team.
It’s important to know who you are entrusting your tax problems to. Make sure you check the company’s credentials before you retain their services; it will be worth the effort to know you have a qualified team of experts on your side who knows how to handle the IRS.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- Talking Tax Resolution with Fox 11 Tony Valdez
- Tax Expert-Hiring a Tax Professional on Fox News
- IRS Offers Tax Help Tips-Worker Classification
- Tax Relief Weekly News Round-Up
- New Offer in Compromise Policies Bring Tax Relief