Tax Help News: IRS Wants To Give You Your Money Back

Even the IRS is feeling the festive holiday spirit! And this means possibly a bit of tax relief in time for the holidays. The bureau announced this month that they have over $164.6 million in undelivered refund checks and want to deliver them to their rightful owners. What does this mean for you? If you are one of the 111,893 taxpayers who are owed a refund check but never received it because of  mailing address errors, you’re in luck!

IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman stated, “We want to make sure taxpayers get the money owed to them. If you think you are missing a refund, the sooner you update your address information, the quicker you can get your money.”

As a taxpayer, you only need to update your address once for the IRS to ensure they send out all checks due. Many taxpayers are owed more than one check, so it is worth making sure your details are correct.

To find out the status of your refund or how to update your address, take a look at the “Where’s My Refund?” tool on the IRS website. Check out these two tax tips that will make filing your taxes easier and quicker:

Tax Help Tip 1: To help eliminate lost checks and IRS communication, consider a direct deposit when you file your return. If you are due a refund, you will receive it directly into your bank account.

Tax Help Tip 2: E-File eliminates the risk of lost paper returns. Choosing to file your tax return electronically is a smart move that reduces errors on tax returns, not to mention simplifies the process and speeds up refunds.

While this is merry news for taxpayers who are expecting a refund, if you don’t feel Uncle Sam owes you anything this year, keep your head up! Not every taxpayers receives a refund every year. If you are one of the many taxpayers who are worried about how to pay your tax bill without breaking the bank, check out our list of options and tax help tips.

While these payment tax tips from the IRS are very useful, if you feel you need serious IRS tax help, it is essential to take that first step. Expert tax help from a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist is a safe and secure way to ensure you don’t end up in the IRS deep end.

Dealing with the IRS can be very frustrating. If you need tax help you need a qualified expert to assess your unique situation and offer the most favorable solution to your specific tax problem. Whether this be an IRS installment agreement or an Offer in Compromise, a professional Certified Tax Resolution Specialist will ensure it is negotiated with the IRS on your behalf if you qualify.

View some of our tax debt settlements including audit results, offers in compromise, partial pay installment agreements and statute of limitation cases and have a look at our success rate.

Tax Resolution Services, Co., is dedicated to providing affordable solutions to businesses and individuals alike who find themselves in trouble with the IRS. Our tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax relief professionals have successfully resolved thousands of cases since 1998 and are committed to making sure our clients’ experiences exceed their expectations. For more information or to receive a FREE tax relief consultation, visit or call us on (888) 699-7630.

More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:

  1. Treasury Proposes Multilateral Agreement for Offshore Compliance
  2. IRS Guidelines Help More Innocent Spouses
  3. Michael Rozbruch Interviewed in Opportunist Magazine
  4. Finding Tax Help for IRS Tax Debt
  5. IRS Bankruptcy-Five Tax Relief Options for Back Taxes

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

One Response to “Tax Help News: IRS Wants To Give You Your Money Back”

  1. Tax Attorney Resources and Tips to Help Resolve IRS Tax Problems Says:

    [...] December, the IRS admitted that they have over $164.6 million in undelivered refund checks and want to deliver them to the rightful consumers. In 2010, 111,893 taxpayers who were owed a [...]

Leave a Reply