Michael R. Tucker, 46, of Canton, Ohio, was sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to willful failure to pay withheld federal income taxes. From 2004 through 2008, Tucker operated Computology and was required to pay federal income taxes that the business withheld from its employees, but he intentionally did not pay $263,188.23 from 10 quarters of withholdings from December 2005 through March 2008.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- Tax Professionals Can Help Settle IRS Back Taxes, A Better Choice Than Tax Evasion
- Another IRS Tax Case: Illinois Businessman Charged with Tax Evasion
- Dodging Taxes by Michigan Lawyer Results in 24 Month Prison Term
- Tax Evasion by New York Financial Advisor Gets Him Prison Time
- Tax Evasion by Ohio Businessman of Nearly $400,000