I recently blogged about the new IRS Safe Harbor guidelines for Ponzi scheme victims.
CCH has issued a white paper addressing the various tax and planning implications that arise as a result of investment in the Madoff Ponzi scheme or other fraudulent schemes. The paper, Madoff and Other Fraudulent Schemes: Tax and Planning Implications, analyzes the tax issues and bankruptcy implications arising from the schemes and provides an overview of related IRS guidance, including items released during the week of March 16. The authors expect to update the paper on an ongoing basis as further guidance is released.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- What Safe Harbor Really Means for Ponzi Victims – IRS Estimates it will Refund Fraud Victims $17 Billion, But Not Without a Fight
- New IRS “Safe Harbor” Guidelines for Ponzi Victims Filing Tax Theft Loss Deductions
- KLOS Tax Tip #58: Tax Break for New Car Purchases – and Tax Relief for Hardworking Americans with IRS Problems
- Have You Filed Your Taxes? Consequences Include Increased Financial Liability and Imprisonment
- Is there a Double Standard for Delinquent Taxpayers and Tax Cheats That Favors Powerful Individuals?
Tags: Bernie Madoff, investment fraud, investment fraud representation, IRS safe harbor, Michael Rozbruch, ponzi scheme, ponzi victims, tax attorney, tax expert, tax help, tax plaaning, tax relief, tax resolution, tax resolution expert, tax resolution services, Tax Tips