It’s one thing to call yourself a “tax resolution specialist” but it’s another to back up that designation with credentials. At Tax Resolution Services, Co., (TRS), we require that our all tax resolution experts meet the educational, experience, and examination requirements prescribed by the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) making them a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS). Becoming a certified tax resolution specialist is not easy, but rewarding (both to my staff and our clients). This extra layer of expertise and legitimacy goes a long way to when helping taxpayers find the best tax relief options to settle their case.
The CTRS designation is restricted to tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent ASTPS Members in good standing, that have proven resolution expertise with a wide range of tax problems, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Offers In Compromise,
- Installment Agreements
- Penalty Abatement
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Release of Liens or Levies,
- Non-Filer issues plus many others
Tax Resolution Services, Co., happily announces that the following employees have earned the additional professional designation of Certified Tax Resolution Specialist:
Amir Boroumand, Attorney at law and CTRS
Andrew Levy, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Anna Barsegyan, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Arash (“Ben”) Kahen, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Erez Solomon, Enrolled Agent and CTRS
Farzaneh Savoiji, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Joseph Morris, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Michael Green, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Michael Williams, Enrolled Agent and CTRS
Nahal Foladifard, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Negar Taghilou, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Parham Khorsandi, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Stacy Carlucci, Enrolled Agent and CTRS
Tiffany Mosely, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Tim Fuller, Attorney at Law and, CTRS
Justin Bina, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Margarita Stone, Attorney at Law and CTRS
Phil Mikulak, CPA and CTRS
Both my cofounder Brian Compton and I are also CPAs and Certified Tax Resolution Specialists.
Given the current economic climate where American citizens and residents need tax help with financial/tax issues now more than ever, a client looking for IRS relief can be assured that an ASTPS-Certified Tax Resolution Specialist is expert in tax problem resolution. This certification provides an important distinction for legitimate tax problem resolution firms because due to the “bad” economy, the tax resolution business has been “good.” As a result, there have been unscrupulous firms who set up shop and have taken advantage of struggling taxpayers and tarnished the entire industry in the process.
Some of us, including yours truly have worked hard to help raise the bar and build a firewall so that legitimate and qualified certified tax resolution specialists could continue to do what we do best: resolve tax debt issues for clients in need.
To further distinguish certified tax resolution specialists, in 2012, I co-founded the Tax Problem Resolution Services Coalition (TPRSC) to accomplish the following:
- Promote and ensure taxpayers are protected from unfair and deceptive advertising claims made by unscrupulous delinquent tax debt representation providers.
- Respond to the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) inclusion of tax debts in amendments to the “Telemarketing Sales Rule” (TSR) that would have made it illegal for providers such as TRS to accept any fees until:
- All negotiation services were completed and
- Payment had been made by the taxpayer to the IRS.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- Talking Tax Resolution with Fox 11 Tony Valdez
- Tax Resolution Services Offers Returning Veterans Free Tax Advice
- New Offer in Compromise Policies Bring Tax Relief
- IRS Offers Tax Help Tips-Worker Classification
- Tax Relief-Bankruptcy and Tax Debt