Javid David Azari, 60, of Portland, Ore., pleaded guilty to one count of tax evasion. As part of the plea agreement, Azari agreed to cooperate with the United States regarding the whereabouts of all assets related to income tax evasion.
According to the plea, Azari knew he had unpaid federal income taxes for the years 1997 to 1999, and he attempted to evade payment of those taxes by transferring money out of the United States in 2000 to a bank in Turkey. In addition, on Nov. 28, 2001, Azari deposited $465,000 into a TD Waterhouse brokerage account in the name of a nominee.
He faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
Even entering a plea agreement with the IRS, Azari still could get five years in prison. Whatever tax problems you are having, Tax Resolution Services can help. Our tax attorneys and IRS specialists provide affordable tax solutions to businesses and individuals who find themselves in tax trouble. From IRS Payment Plans (also known as Installment Agreements), Payroll Tax Problems and many more tax relief services, we will help solve your tax problem. The first step to tax relief is to sign up for a FREE tax relief consultation today!
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- IRS Payment Plans Are a Possibility Even If You Owe $4 Million Like This Las Vegas Attorney
- Instead of Paying IRS Back Taxes, ‘Intelligent Alternative’ Radio Host Fails to File Tax Returns
- Texas Woman Evades Taxes and Gets Prison Time – Options Like IRS Payment Plan Can Help Ease Tax Burden
- Tax Help Available Except for Businessmen Guilty in Tax Evasion Scheme
- Resolve Back Tax Debt Today! Evade Taxes and End Up in Prison like NY Businessman
Tags: IRS payment plan, IRS specialist, offshore tax account, payroll tax problem, professional tax services, tax attorneys, tax cheat, tax evasion, tax relief, tax resolution services, tax services, tax trouble