Hiring the Right Tax Attorney, CPA, or Tax Resolution Specialist to Ensure You Get the Tax Help You Need
With today’s tax scam horror stories and so many choices for tax lawyers, choosing the right tax attorney may seem a daunting task. When you’re faced with IRS tax problems such as back taxes and delinquent tax returns, there are many different tax attorneys in the yellow book who will “deal” with these issues. How do you know that you’ve chosen the correct representation for your unique situation? You must stay informed and remember to ask the right questions.
Before you begin building your case with your tax lawyer, here are a few questions to ask your prospective tax representative:
1. Where did this tax attorney or CPA go to school for tax resolution? How current are they (how much continuing education is this tax attorney taking)?
2. How long has this tax attorney or tax professional practiced tax resolution, not straight tax law but real battle with the IRS for tax resolution?
3. What percentage of their jobs are tax problems like yours?
4. Who is their direct supervisor? What is their contact information?
5. Does the individual tax attorney, CPA or tax resolution specialist have references?
6. What is his/her personal success rate? (How many Offers in Compromise settlements have been accepted and what was the negotiated amount owed versus the initial amount of taxes owed and penalties? In short, how much has this individual tax attorney or tax resolution professional saved clients? How does this tax attorney or tax resolution specialist compare to the rest of the firm: above average or below?)
7. What sorts of releases for tax liens, levies, etc. have they achieved? How fast?
8. What sorts of penalties (like mine) have this tax attorney/ tax resolution specialist gotten waived?
9. What sorts of installment agreements in situations like mine has this tax attorney or tax resolution professional negotiated and what was the payment schedule?
10. Is this tax professional certified as a tax resolution specialist specifically licensed to negotiate resolutions with the IRS?
Read more questions to ask yourself before seeking professional tax representation.
Tax Resolution Services is the only national tax resolution firm certified by the ASTPS to negotiate tax settlements with the IRS. We are a nationwide professional tax solution company with a team of tax attorneys and IRS specialists who can help you find tax relief. Free tax consultation – sign up on our website or call us at 866-IRS-PROBLEMS (866-477-7762).
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- IRS Tax Help: How to Pick the Most Qualified Tax Resolution Representative to Fight your IRS Battle
- Release Your IRS Bank Levy: How a Tax Attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist Can Give You an Advantage
- Prevent IRS Payroll Tax Problems: Tax Help for Business Owners Who Want to Avoid IRS Trouble
- Understand Your Tax Problems: Key Questions to Ask Yourself Before Seeking Help From a Tax Attorney, CPA, or Tax Resolution Specialist
- Offer in Compromise: How to Get the Tax Help You Need Through an IRS Offer in Compromise
Tags: Back Taxes, delinquent taxes, installment agreements, IRS debt, IRS help, IRS penalties, IRS problem solver, IRS tax resolution, Michael Rozbruch, tax attorney, tax lawyer, tax levies, tax liens, tax penalties, tax representation, tax resolution, tax resolution expert, tax resolution services, Tax Tips