An Iowa woman was sentenced to 21 months in prison for two counts of filing false tax returns.
Regina Jimenez, 60, of Clinton, Iowa, operated AA Accounting & Tax Services Inc. in Clinton, Iowa, from approximately 2007 through 2011. Jimenez used the business to facilitate the theft of over $300,000 from a client who believed that Jimenez would use the money to pay the client’s taxes.
Jimenez instead used the money for gambling expenditures, and did not report the stolen funds on her tax returns.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- False Tax Returns by Couple Result in $550,000 Tax Loss
- Ohio Tax Protestor Faces Prison Time
- Tax Evasion of $430,000 by Gold Trader
- $1 Million Tax Evasion by Owner of Cinemas
- Colorado Man Guilty of Income Tax Charges