Hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg owes more than half a million dollars in back taxes to the Internal Revenue Service.
According to a lien the government filed, Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., owes $546,270.29 in unpaid taxes for the years 2009 and 2011.
Snoop Dogg, who was discovered by rapper and record producer Dr. Dre, has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide. His first album, Doggystyle, sold nearly a million copies in its first week of release and was a four-time platinum album.
This isn’t Snoop Dogg’s first brush with the IRS. According to celebrity news site TMZ, Snoop Dogg owed $476,000 in back taxes in 2008. He paid that debt when it came to his attention.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- $1.2 Million Owed in Back Taxes by Beyonce’s Dad
- Even Real Housewives Get Tax Bills
- Back Taxes Owed by Joe Francis of Girls Gone Wild Warrants IRS to File Tax Lien for $33 Million
- Back Taxes Owed by Singer Sean Kingston
- Celebrity Tax Case: Actor Stephen Baldwin Guilty of Tax Charges