When Mathew Knowles managed the career of his superstar singer of a daughter, Beyonce, he made millions.
So many millions, in fact, that Knowles owes the IRS $1.2 million in back taxes, according to celebrity news site TMZ.
The IRS filed a tax lien against Beyonce’s pops for $485,575.95 in 2010 and $728,004.89 in 2011.
Beyonce started her singing career with the group Destiny’s Child. Mathew Knowles managed the group, which became one of the best-selling all-female acts in music history.
In 2002, Knowles founded Music World Gospel, which is now the largest African-American-owned and -operated gospel label in the world. Prior to his work in the music industry, Knowles worked as a salesman with Xerox.
More Tax Help, IRS News and Tax Relief Tips:
- Even Real Housewives Get Tax Bills
- With Vigilant IRS, Take Care of Your IRS Tax Debt Now
- Back Taxes Owed by Snoop Dogg Amount to $546,000
- IRS on Tax Collections: No One Too Big or Too Famous
- Back Taxes Owed by Reality TV Housewife